Sunday, October 10, 2021

Work Wisdom


#175

I joined a new team at work. It's a greenfield opportunity where we get to build things from scratch. It's super exciting because most of my day goes in brainstorming, meeting with people across roles and teams, and trying to collate my thoughts in a narrative document.

Last weekend, as part of the systematic decluttering routine, I was going through some old papers when I came across a sheet with 5 proverbs. As I read them all, each one reminded me of my team. Funny coincidence that I could relate all five to my work.


We cannot solve problems at the same level of thinking at which we created them
-Albert Einstein

The uncreative mind can spot wrong answers, but it takes a very creative mind to spot wrong questions
-Anthony Jay

Serious play is not an oxymoron; it is the essence of innovation
-Michael Schrage

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete
-Buckminster Fuller

He who asks is a fool for five minutes; he who doesn't ask remains a fool forever
-Chinese proverb


I'm now on a quest to find motivating phrases and sayings to inspire my team to work hard and deliver results to the best of their ability.

No comments:

Post a Comment