Thursday, September 30, 2021

Fun with Experiments


#171


I love experimenting - new food, new furniture layouts, new types of attire and accoutrements, new genres of books, songs and movies, what have you. 

Sometimes they work well, other times they either fizzle out or I land in a faux pas. The intent though, almost always works out - being willing to try different things and keeping an open mind when trying them out - a happier me!

Experiments also allow me to explore other sides of me, step outside my comfort zone only to have the thing I try out become the new normal. This behaviour of mine has seen a surge during WFH.

For instance, I started working in the living room with the sofa on the left side and my work table on the right. Experimenting with switching the position of both ended up improving my productivity - don't ask me why, but I'm happy I did it and the layout has stayed that way till today.

Starting to cook itself seemed like an experiment. Attempting to cook different cuisines itself was a series of experiments - from the basic South Indian meal to Mexican rice to Thai curry to Noodles, Pasta, and more. Surprisingly, all of them turned out great, encouraging me to experiment more. I realized that even for those experiments that don't work in my favour, I'm still happy I gave it a shot. You're better off than not having tried it at all.

So for those of you who are afraid to step outside your comfort bubble, come out of the 'safe' zone and you'll astound yourself by doing things you never thought you could do before!

It's time to say yes to things.

No comments:

Post a Comment