Thursday, February 4, 2021

[Pretty Poems] Bad Day


#107


During lockdown, there have been many days where I've planned to make dinner but due to excessive work and/or tiredness, I've resorted to ordering in. I wrote this after I had planned to make chapathis but the initial dough I made turned out to be super sticky. I realized that optimism combined with perseverance is tough to beat :) So I wrote this poem, geared up to make dinner no matter what, and went on to make amazing, soft chapathis with sabzi.
Enjoy!


You've had a bad day
You're feelin' super low
And to your dismay
You've made a runny dough

Struggling to cook
Struggling to eat
Oh look-y look
You seem so beat!

You put on your hat
You put on a smile
You say that's that
And go walk a mile

You're back home now
You seem mostly glad
After sweatin' a brow
You're no longer mad

You're all ready with dinner
You've made your bread
You feel like a winner
You eat and go to bed!



1 comment:

  1. I just love how this rhyme takes a positive turn as it progresses.

    My fav lines here
    Put on a hat - put on a smile.
    Say that's that & walk a mile.

    ReplyDelete