Wednesday, February 10, 2021

[Pretty Poems] The Word


#111


July 18, 2007

Poem 2 of 4:

Short version of 'The Word'

As simple as a word
Can be mighty as a sword
Big or small
Short or tall
A word is a word!

We may think it's a silly word
I think it's equivalent to the world
Because it helps you write
Makes your speeches bright
Gives you wings, you'll feel like a bird!


Wrote another 'long version':

My sister always tells me 'I wanna have a word with you'
But she keeps visiting the loo
She repeats it 'I wanna have a word with you'
Till the sun sets and the sky is a pale blue

Then I scream and get angry
People can hear that all the way to Hungary
At least she tells 'it's something'
I couldn't understand a thing!

So she explained again
But missed the main
She tried once more to start
Till Dad called for jam and tart

At midnight she told me
I rubbed my hands together in glee
Because she told me about
A little spider's sprout

You might wonder why I was amused
A spider had abused
Sometime earlier, all of us
We made  ahuge fuss

Ooh! Then we realized why this had started
Just because my sister had parted
With a saint carrying a bottle of paint
He'd told her about a spider in a voice faint

Then I made a movie feeling like a bird
About my curiosity of her word!




No comments:

Post a Comment