Tuesday, February 16, 2021

[Pretty Poems] The electricity is out


#115


In September of 2019, we were staying in a place called Thoraipakkam. The terrace was magnificent, way better than living in the studio apartment-like house. One day, when the electricity went out at around 3pm, it was too hot and suffocating for me to sit inside the house so I found a place under some shade on the terrace. I took my pen and paper and started jotting down the below poem.
Enjoy!


The electricity is out
So I'm sitting on the terrace
All I can is sit and pout
Wishing the sun bore down on me less

I woke up early today
Thinking I'd accomplish a lot
Who knew bad luck was heading my way
To throw my fine hours into the trash pot?

Some days are great, others not so much
I try my best on the days I can
C'est la vie, life is such
All I can do then is chalk out a plan!

Oh, our dependency on electricity!
Phones, laptops, anything that can be charged
What a shame, what a pity
A new generation of people have emerged

How'd I know if power is back?
I won't unless I go down
Hoping I can make up for the lack
Of work time, donning a frown

I shall go try my luck
So, farewell for now
Truly long to be unstuck
Adios, buh-bye, ciao!



1 comment:

  1. Once upon a time,I penned a rhyme
    It spoke of a laptop, on similar lines.

    Back then, I was appreciated by a cousin of mine
    Today she is a blogger & I see her poems shine.

    ReplyDelete