Tuesday, February 23, 2021

[Pretty Poems] Gratitude


#120

Gratitude journaling before bedtime is a humbling habit I've been practicing. Wrote a gratitude poem one fine day in January 2021. May we all take time to express gratefulness for all things small and big.

I am grateful for this day
Grateful for this life
It could've been in any other way
Past of future? My internal strife

But I've zero regrets
I look forward to what's in store
Away from complaints and frets
Excited to my very core

Life has its ups and downs
I learn to take it in my stride
Your choice - be all smiles or frowns
Ask your mind, a faithful guide

I wish for nice things
For myself and others
Let's indulge in givings
Like sisters and brothers

I am grateful for my work
My home and my husband too
Responsibilities, I've learned not to shirk
Can't waste time feeling blue

I'm grateful for all that we can afford
Buying things to satisfy a desire
Pray I never get bored
And keep alive every fire

I'm grateful for my health
I love taking care of me
I'm grateful for my amassed wealth
It's true - the best things in life are free!

No comments:

Post a Comment