Monday, February 22, 2021

[Pretty Poems] The Veggie Song


#119


I know sometimes non-vegetarians wonder how many vegetables are even there! Presenting to you the veggie song! I love vegetables a lot but for better rhymes, it may seem as though I'm complaining.
Enjoy!


Bottle gourd, snake gourd
Bitter gourd, even ridge gourd
Oh, what a hoard!
I am so bored

Spinach, keerai, palak
Am I out of luck?
No way out, I am stuck
Yucky yuck yuck

How about cabbage
Did you say garbage
What a load of baggage
Nothing to forage

Cauliflower and carrot
Caught in a rut
You're such a nut
No if, no but

Potato and onion - what a combo!
It ain't some mumbo-jumbo
Half-boiled would be a big blow
Good news - it can be rectified though

Asparagus and broccoli
It's time to flee
"They're tasty"- Oh really?
Nothing short of a calamity

Moving on to exotic stuff
Colocasia, pumpkin, yam - enough?
I called your bluff
Eat it, don't you rebuff

Sweet potato and eggplant
Varieties made by your aunt
With the sole purpose to enchant
Avoiding or escaping you shan't

Indian ivy gourd and okra
Magical flavours, abra-cadabra
Scrumptious lunch followed by mocha
Almost done with the veggie quota

Radish versus beetroot
Pungent or a sweet shoot?
Boiled veggies are such a beaut
All aboard the veggie train, toot-toot!



No comments:

Post a Comment