Thursday, February 25, 2021

[Pretty Poems] Oldies (1/3)


#122


A collection of old poems

Part 1 of 3:


2005

A small tribute to one of my favourite teachers, Miss Harpreet, who taught us English and EVE (Environmental Education) and was also our class teacher:

Harpreet Ma'am
Goes bam, bam, bam
Teaches all us kids
To use our heads

She teaches us English 
Dresses up all stylish
Teaches EVE stuff
Makes our brains puff

Teaches us day and night
Makes us all bright
Thanks to Harpreet Ma'am
Who always goes bam, bam, bam!


2009

A poem I penned on Mothers' Day:

Who is This Mysterious Woman?

This is a poem dedicated to a person
Who plays an important role in my life
She is very special – that is certain
And also my father's wife.

She is filled with patience
And love and affection too
Frequent anger she shuns
Something I too will learn to do.

She is a great teacher
And a great learner as well
She possesses a great feature
Of having versatile qualities, I must tell.

Who is this mysterious woman?
Do you recognise her?
Well, well, she is none other than
My very own mother!


No comments:

Post a Comment