Monday, February 15, 2021

[Pretty Poems] The itch of the mosquito bite


#114


In India, especially in hot places like Chennai, mosquitoes are a perpetual problem. Just a couple of weeks ago, I wrote a post on how mosquitoes make me angry. This time around, I wrote a poem that describes what all I've tried to evade these pests.
Enjoy!

A mosquito sat on my elbow
I swat it, but it just won't go
The swelling continues to grow
My hand, scratching to and fro

The itch of the mosquito bite
Ever fleeting, ever so slight
Oh how addictive is the itching
Can't keep myself from twitching

The blister, now the size of an eye
The inevitable itchiness, oh my!
Mosquitoes find me tasty, why o why?
None of the repellants work, sigh!

Been there, done that
All Out, Odomos, even the bat
What used to work doesn't now - the hand swat
They're evolving faster than we are, drat!

Hot temperatures, puddles of water
We need measures for mosquito slaughter
We need to do this, we really ought to!
I'm out of options, what do we do!?

Endless will be these mosquito wars
Sadly, they're as old as dinosaurs
Perils of the Lindy effect
Let's rid ourselves of this mosquito sect!


No comments:

Post a Comment