Sunday, February 28, 2021

[Pretty Poems] Best Friend


#125


A poem for an old BITS friend I wrote, back in 2013:

I remember when I first met you
It was during the first hour
You were dressed in blue
And looked like a star

Good to have you all along
You always make my day
If asked to dedicate a song
'Count on me' by Bruno Mars, I'd say

I like to listen, you like to speak
What a perfect combination
You look like a geek, I am a geek
Don't mind the revelation

Your poems are wonderful
Composition in two languages is superb
You have inspired me to write a handful
Now it's something I can't curb

You're a great teacher
You enjoy the art as well
You're also a good preacher
So much philosophy, you like to tell

Well, buddy, I guess I've said a lot
The poem's coming to an end
I've given it quite some thought
Take care, best friend!

1 comment: