Tuesday, May 19, 2020

May A-Z Challenge: A Pair of Favourite English Words [P]

Blog entry #44

Pangram | Polyglot


Pangram
I learnt a couple pangrams while indulging myself in Touch Typing games during school days - this translates to fun for me! It’s a creative thought exercise trying to come up with pangrams of your own. Even Shashi Tharoor apparently spent one of his mornings coming up with a supposedly shortest pangram, although it was later deemed to not be the shortest pangram that made sense. Here’s one I came up with, containing exactly a 100 characters:
"You can waltz, hip-hop, tap, freestyle, and jive, but there's no movement quite like a good exercise"

Polyglot
Being one myself, with a measly count of proficiency in six languages, I find it extremely uncomfortable when I don’t understand what’s being said around me, like what happens to me when I go to Bangalore. Call it OCD, but my brain goes 'Aaargh!', since Kannada is not one of the languages I comprehend (yet). See the optimism there? I added a yet. Carol Dweck would be proud of me, I hope. I would love to become fluent in one of the foreign languages, but my focus right now is on learning Indian languages, as they constitute the most beautiful set of languages out there.


Image courtesy: Google © 

No comments:

Post a Comment