Saturday, May 9, 2020

May A-Z Challenge: A Pair of Favourite English Words [F]

Blog entry #34

Finesse | Flexible


Finesse
No I'm not referring to the Bruno Mars song. It's catchy though, I'll admit. What I'm referring to is this English word that is synonymous with another polished word called panache. As I improved my table tennis skills and upped my game, I started winning against Dad more often. His favourite remarks included "Ah Beauty!" when I'd hit a neat smash, or "You're playing with finesse", when I'd return his topspin with a sharp chop.

Flexible
Aren't people who say "I'm okay with anything", or "I'm fine with whatever you made, or ordered" a delight to hang out with? Isn't it fascinating to watch a dance do a full split effortlessly? This word has a sense of openness and adaptability associated with it. I do yoga to try and be more flexible with my body. I try out new cuisines, go to places I've never been before, and say yes to doing what the other person wants to do even though it may not be my cup of tea. Being flexible makes you happier, because when you are too picky, there are only certain things you can enjoy. When you're flexible, you can be content with anything that comes your way! 

Image courtesy: Google ©

No comments:

Post a Comment