Monday, May 18, 2020

May A-Z Challenge: A Pair of Favourite English Words [N]

Blog entry #42

Noodle | Nonchalant


Noodle
"Quit, don't quit...Noodle, don't noodle..." Thanks to Oogway from Kung Fu Panda, this word is now a family-favourite! That movie is an all-time watch for us, and we love every quirky, humorous yet teachable moment. Apart from enjoying saying the word out loud like Oogway does, I also enjoy eating this Chinese delicacy! Whether it’s home-made, restaurant-prepared, thin noodles, flat noodles, Udon noodles (Japanese), spaghetti (Italian), or our plain old Maggi, I like them all. Ooh, my mouth waters just writing this, maybe I’ll go make myself a packet of Maggi right away! Toodles!

Nonchalant
Calm and collected, cool as a cucumber, blasé and insouciant. This word reminds me of a monk, or Buddha if you will, who remains unperturbed in the face of commotion, chaos, or even a catastrophe. I visualize a cool-headed, serene-faced person who is able to not only handle a turbulent situation but also help those around them cool their heads off. I hope to nudge myself towards such a "nirvana" state. I hope to spiritually advance myself by learning to stay nonchalant, and be cool as a cat, at least on the outside.


Image courtesy: Google © 

No comments:

Post a Comment