Friday, May 22, 2020

May A-Z Challenge: A Pair of Favourite English Words [T]

BLOG ENTRY #48

Touche | Tidy


Touche
With its origin in fencing, I like to say this French word in response to an intellectual's quips. When I know I've been outsmarted in a repartee, this is the best one-word response acknowledging defeat. I can recall several instances I've come across with my friends on campus with the banter ending in one of us saying 'Touche.'

Tidy
Although this word reminds me of Marie Kondo since the start of 2020, I like the job of tidying up as much as the word itself. Neat, organized spaces do indeed spark joy in me. Cleaning, decluttering, throwing things away, shredding papers no longer needed - ah, fun times! 

There once was a girl named Heidi
Who liked to keep her things tidy
She strutted about high and mighty
'Cause all her clothes were so whitey!

Image courtesy: Google ©

No comments:

Post a Comment