Saturday, May 16, 2020

May A-Z Challenge: A Pair of Favourite English Words [M]

Blog entry #41

Melody | Moonpie


Melody
The word itself is like a melody! To quote Iyaz, it's like a melody in my head that I can't keep out. For me, I've always described my Mondays as melodious - Melodious Monday, or Monday Melodies! They're always jingles or hip-hop, but never blues. Melody also reminds me of the chocolate I was fond of for a brief period. And yes, it was quite chocolaty, although I never stopped to ask why, like its ad did.

Moonpie
This word got added to my list of favourite words ever since TBBT Season 2 Episode 19. Only recently did I get to know that it's a confectionery item. Branded in India at Lotte Choco Pie, I didn't quite like it initially. Over time, I guess I just got accustomed to its taste. Although I'm not a big fan of marshmallow-based sweets, I don't mind eating a Moonpie and finding it "nummy-nummy".

Image courtesy: Google ©

No comments:

Post a Comment