Thursday, May 14, 2020

May A-Z Challenge: A Pair of Favourite English Words [K]

Blog entry #39

Kitten | Kaleidoscope


Kitten 
The moment you say this word, don’t you get a cute feeling? Thinking about a cat may give you shivers, and thinking about a puppy may make you want to play with one at a pet store, but when you think about a kitten, you immediately go 'Awww….', like Sheldon in TBBT. Although I’m not fond of owning pets, I don’t mind playing with kittens at a store or at someone else’s house.

Kaleidoscope
I’ve had one of these ever since I was little. It represents symmetry and shows you how mirrors stacked against each other can produce amazing patterns. It’s addictive to keep rotating it clockwise and counter-clockwise, and observe how so many different illusions are formed from repeated reflections. I like this word also because one of my all-time favourite artists has this word in one of her songs. She is the most creative artist I know when it comes to lyrics. I’m talking about none other than Taylor Swift and her song Welcome to New York. 

Image courtesy: Google ©

No comments:

Post a Comment