Wednesday, May 6, 2020

May A-Z Challenge: A Pair of Favourite English Words [B]

Blog entry #30

Boo | Befuddled


Boo
This is not just in my favourites list, but also in my list of cutest words ever invented. Monosyllabic, cuddly-sounding, and comfortably cozy. You can call your loved one by this nickname like Chris Brown does, or name your cat Boo, like Scott Adams did, or in some cases, also use it as a scare-word. Come out from hiding, and go "Boo!" - usually done by kids. Boo is also the little girl from Monsters Inc. and she is super-cute. Put two of this word together and you get a term used by babies when they get hurt or when you make a mistake and reveal it to them: "Oops! I made a boo-boo", like Shah Rukh says in Kal Ho Na Ho.

Befuddled
In my 9th grade tuitions, our Ma’am used to write one new word at the top of her whiteboard every evening and we’d have to come up with a sentence from our personal experiences or a recent event using this Word of the Day. One such word was befuddled, synonymous with perplexed or bewildered. My sentence went something like: "I myself was befuddled when I observed the lawyer in the TV show confuse the jury by presenting ambiguous and convoluted facts." It’s also fun to say it in the American accent, like Leonard does in The Big Bang Theory, Season 4 Episode 22: The Wildebeest Implementation.

Image courtesy: Google ©

No comments:

Post a Comment